Wednesday 10 December 2014

Stripping It Back!

Hello lovelies,

I haven't had much time to scrap recently; I think it is just a busy time of year plus I have been laid up in bed for the last week :(
Not quite there but certainly well on my way to being flea fit!!

I thought I would share a couple of layouts of my boy using the gorgeous new Stitched Collection from Amy Tangerine/American Crafts. It seems that I am not the only one to have fallen in love with this little beauty; every kit club I subscribe to (and a lot that I don't) have included elements of this collection in their kits and who can blame them? It is DIVINE!!!

So first up, bath time :)

This paper makes scrapping a breeze! Yes, some may say it's too simple, but this is the kind of layout that makes it into my albums!! Because I tend to have busy PL layouts I like to have the occasional 12x12 layout to allow the eye to rest...that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!!

 I am besotted with the enamel dots! I am already on my second pack...do I really need a third??

Fantastic word Thickers in black and kraft; it is because of them that I decided to scrap a layout as the words are a wee bit too big for PL!

Well, if you thought that layout was simple wait till you see this one!!! Staying completely true to my scrapping loves...white, white, white :)

I love this photo of my boy and me and I wanted to make sure it was the focus of the page. So, using a few of the diecuts from the Ephemera Pack and a stitched strip of the patterned paper, I called this one done :)

There isn't a single sheet of paper that I don't LOVE in this collection; Amy Tan is a GENIUS!

Gold is my new best friend :)

So, there you have it, my recent foray into the world of 12x12!

Thank you so much for popping in today, have a happy rest of the day.

Ali xox



6 comments:

  1. lol...I have bought myself the whole paper pack extra... gotta love Amy T. made me smile when I saw your FB post and spotted the first layout..love that paper too, and the other ones too. beautiful CAS layouts!!! hugs, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KNOW I am swooning, right??!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE them both...but [hold onto that seat] I actually adore the bottom one most.Gold. Need I say more??!!! And yep, you most deffo need more of those enamels. They SHINE!!! And I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Oh, I do so want to be a CAS girl -do you think there may be a teensy weensy little ray of hope???? Sorry, just fell off my chair laughing...............

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to see your clean and simple style on show here Ali. I don't think one ever needs to find an excuse for the style they love. What a cute wee bubba in the bath and I love the photo of the hands. You definitely need more enamels - just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ali... I do love your layouts. I have battled for so long trying to use mixed media and layers and and and - but deep down I just love clean and simple. I want the photos and the stories to be what counts. These two layouts do that. You are not distracted by anything else. Just the photos... BUT the papers were pretty too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great layouts Ali! Love them both....perfectly in Ali style...awesome! ;-)

    ReplyDelete